JESOLO LIDO (VE) - During a cheerful and exciting ceremony, characterized by the contagious enthusiasm of hundreds of young people present in the Vivaldi Auditorium, the Ciak Junior Awards were presented on Saturday 27 May to the 4 short films written and performed by Italian students, immediately followed by the presentation of the prizes to the 4 foreign films.
The partner producers of the project for this XXXI edition of the Festival are Bavaria Filmstadt - Middlewood eV for the GermanyCity Schools Antwerp in collaboration with Sound with Vision for the BelgiumSylvain Biegeleisen - Zen Productions for Israel and the new entry Intercultural Project IKHM Association Mannheim.
The 4 groups of Italian students who come from Treviso, Trento, Reggio Emilia and Andria (BT) they can be said to be very satisfied, given that each film takes home one or more awards.
Enormous satisfaction for the children of the Student Council of the province of Treviso, authors and performers of "BUCA LA BOLLA", which won the award for Best Italian Film assigned by a jury of journalists, university professors and experts in the world of childhood. Thanks to this award, "Buca la bubble" also found itself in competition with foreign short films and was voted by the cosmopolitan jury of young people who met on Friday afternoon in Jesolo, also winning the award for Best International Film.
A comment by Prof. Anna Antoniazzi of the University of Genoa: "Because once again the girls and boys have been able to reveal that 'The king is naked', the masks can fall and the bubbles can be punctured. Resilience, spirit of initiative and smiles prove to be an antidote against the arrogance of those who believe they can manipulate reality for their own use and consumption".
SUMMARY OF ITALIAN JUNIOR CIAK AWARDS
- Best Film: PUNCTURE THE BUBBLEcreated by a group of young people from the Provincial Council of Students in the province of Treviso, tells the story of the internet "bubble" in which many young people find themselves isolated on a daily basis, and the way to try to get out of this influence;
- Best Subject: TEST-TUBE EMPATHYcreated with a group of students from the Istituto Artigianelli of Trento, tells the story of the rediscovery of one's emotions after the long lockdown;
- Best group of interpreters: the boys interpreters of A JOURNEY THROUGH TIMEfrom the class 1L of the PN Vaccina school of Andria-BTtell how we can try to put gender equality and the protection of the territory into practice today;
- Best Interpretation: ex-aequo CAROLA protagonist of the film "A Journey Through Time"of the Vaccina school of Andria-BT, and the BULLY BOSS of the film "Transparent is a color" filmed with the students of the Cinema Group of the IC Marco Emilio Lepido of Reggio Emilia, which tells the ever-present phenomenon of bullying at school.
- Best School Video: MONTE RUFENO NATURAL RESERVE, created independently by the students of the VI A and VA classes of the "Livio Orazio Valentini" Liceo Artistico in Orvieto.
SUMMARY OF INTERNATIONAL JUNIOR CIAK AWARDS
- Best Film / Best Film: PUNCH THE BUBBLE / POP THE BUBBLEItaly
- Best Subject / Best Story: THE TIME / TIMEGermany
- Best Group of Actors / Best Group of Actors: THE FINAL GAME / THE FINAL GAMEBelgium
- Best Performance / Best Actor/Actress: YURI, in the short film "YURI'S GALAXY"Israel
- Broadcasters Prize - Spirito di Ciak Junior / Broadcasters Prize - Ciak Junior Prize: THE FINAL GAME / THE FINAL GAMEBelgium
- City of Jesolo Award / City of Jesolo Award: PUNCH THE BUBBLE / POP THE BUBBLE.
THE THEMES OF THE FOREIGN SHORT FILMS:
- "THE FINAL MATCH" (Belgium) uses a basketball game between girls and boys to address the topic of gender equality. Are we really sure that the former are more "scarce" than the latter?
- "THE TIME" (Germany) tells of how a special child manages to stop time and make people live differently, focusing on the "here and now" rather than the digital world.
- "SMOKE IN THE MIRRORS" talks about a fire that breaks out at school and the firefighters immediately rush to put it out. The story continues, and we will discover that the fire was not accidental. The short film was born from an intercultural project of theIKHM Association Mannheim.
- "YURI GALAXY (Israel) presents the boy's dream: to be an astronaut. His friend Valentina will do anything to help him make this dream come true, even if everyone tries to convince him that it's impossible.
"Pauses, even if due to external elements, can be useful moments of reflection, but if they get too long they can extinguish interest. And this is why Ciak Junior is starting up again, precisely to put the emphasis once again on the need to cultivate a an educational path in the use of images which is never more necessary than in these moments for the younger generations", he commented Sergio Manfioartistic director of Gruppo Subito and director of the short films of Ciak Junior.
"We are happy - concluded executive producer Francesco Manfio - to be able to resume Ciak Junior. We wanted to restart only from Italy and then open up to other countries. As soon as we announced our program we got immediate support from Belgium, Germany and Israel. And we thank the director of Canale 5 Giancarlo Scheri who immediately gave his enthusiastic support so that Ciak Junior could immediately get back on the air on Mediaset's flagship network".
THE JURY OF JOURNALISTS AND EXPERTS THAT EVALUATED THE ITALIAN SHORT FILMS:
PROJECT PATRONS AND PARTNERS
The Ciak Junior project is created within the National Plan for Cinema and Images for Schools promoted by MiC-Ministry of Culture And MiM-Ministry of Education and Merit (www.cinemerlascuola.it).
The Festival is sponsored by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation he was born in Ministry of Tourism and is supported byMunicipal Administration of the City of Jesolo.